Ermenegildo LODI (Cremona, c.1575 - Cremona, c.1616)
Active in Cremona between 1598 and 1616, Ermenegildo Lodi was a pupil of the Cremonese painter and architect Giovanni Battista Trotti, known as Il Malosso. Together with Cristoforo Magnani, Lodi worked on the decoration of the vault of the church of San Pietro al Po in Cremona, as well as a painting of The Preaching of Saint John the Baptist for the baptismal font of the same church. A painting by Lodi of the Virgin with Saints Peter and Jacob, signed and dated 1598, is in the church of San Rocco at Bussetto, near Parma. Lodi's draughtsmanship owes much to that of his master Malosso, and drawings by the artist are in the Uffizi, the Museo Civico in Cremona, and elsewhere.